Aerospace Engineering is a branch of Engineering that provides skills and knowledge to design, manufacture and maintain spacecrafts, aircrafts, missiles and weapons systems. This is a four-year undergraduate program in engineering. Minimum eligibility criteria for which is qualified 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
In this branch of engineering, students learn about professionals design, building, testing and maintenance of civil aircraft, missiles, space shuttles, rockets, space stations and other such units. Aerospace is a broad field and also comprises subjects that are taught under the aeronautical engineering, mechanical engineering and other fields of applied physics.
Aerospace Engineering is one of the most prominent fields of applied physics and engineering design. This technical specialization involves the study of airborne vehicles including their design, functioning, manufacturing and maintenance. Development and testing are also a major part of this field.
- Candidates need to appear for the entrance test for admission arrange by AE-CET Common Entrance Test is conducted by AE-CET
- Candidate who have appeared in AE-CET Examination and have qualified with an AIR must apply for the counseling.
- There are several other examinations conducted by different colleges for granting admission to B.Tech. Aerospace Engineering course.
- Candidates after getting the eligible ranks in AE-CET exam are further called for the seat allocation and counseling process.
Aerospace Courses fees vary from Universities to Universities. As the Institute are in different states of India so there is a wide range of fees. The fees can be paid to the institute semester wise but the average tution fee charged for the course in India ranges between INR 50000 to 2 Lacs per semester.The fees for Aerospace Engineering includes the following facilities:-
- Admission Fee
- Tuition Fee
- Book & Library Fees
- Caution Fee
- Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering Physics
- Engineering Chemistry and Environmental Studies
- Engineering Mechanics
- Engineering Graphics
- Basic Mechanical Engineering
- Basic Civil Engineering
- Basic Electronics Engineering & Information Technology
- Mechanical Workshop
- Electrical and Civil Workshop
A BE/B.Tech Aerospace Engineering student may acquire prestigious jobs in the various Aerospace Engineering sectors. Few of the popular sectors for the Aerospace Engineering students are the energy sector, oil and petroleum sector, power generation sector, engineering consultancy, pharmaceutical sector.
- The industry has been growing rapidly since the 20th century. The industry is sure to grow more as more people travel through air. In developing countries like India the passenger traffic is increasing more than 15% every year.
- Aeronautical Engineering is a course with a specialisation and distinction, thus it cannot be done by people studying other streams. This makes the job of an Aeronautical Engineer very important. The world looks up to them.
- Aeronautics and aerospace offer huge employment opportunities in research, design, and taking up jobs directly associated with the working and maintenance of aircraft. As a matter of fact, despite a large number of aeronautical job opportunities available, the country is currently facing a dearth of aeronautical engineers. So, choosing to pursue aeronautical engineering is contributing to the country’s growth in aeronautics and aerospace.